FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Charlotte, N.C. (March 21, 2018) – Spring has sprung, which means it is time to celebrate with lots of fresh seasonal ingredients and smoky, grilled dishes! Firebirds Wood Fired Grill, known for its bold flavors and classic American cuisine, has introduced its new Spring Features menu, showcasing delicious seasonal selections, such as Citrus Grilled Scallops, Smoked Chicken Cheddar Sandwich, Lemon-Basil Grilled Salmon, Pacific Halibut and Beef Tenderloin with Shrimp. Additionally, Firebirds has added refreshing seasonal cocktails to its FIREBAR® menu and refreshed its Kids Menu.
“These seasonally inspired selections are perfect for spring, whether guests are celebrating a special occasion or enjoying a meal al fresco with friends,” said Firebirds Executive Chef Steve Sturm. “Our spring menu ties fresh ingredients and bold flavors together to create delicious, refreshing favorites for everyone.”
Available from March 21 to May 1, the Spring Features menu includes:
- Smoked Chicken Cheddar Sandwich topped with Tillamook cheddar, bacon, apple slaw and cilantro pesto
- Lemon-Basil Grilled Salmon with lemon-basil vinaigrette and a cool salad of organic red quinoa, pearl barley, spring peas, toasted pecans, grilled corn and goat cheese
- Citrus Grilled Scallops served with charred corn-bacon sauce, apple slaw and sautéed asparagus
- Pacific Halibut with cauliflower mash, sautéed asparagus and lemon caper butter sauce drizzle
- Beef Tenderloin with Shrimp served with creamed spinach, Chardonnay creole cream and parmesan mashed potatoes
Lunch and Dinner
- Roasted Pepper Hummus with fire-roasted red bell and jalapeño peppers, tomato corn relish, cucumbers and grilled flat bread
- Ooey Gooey Butter Cake served with vanilla ice cream and fresh berries
“Like our Spring Features menu, our spring and summer cocktails incorporate fresh seasonal ingredients, sure to help our guests relax and unwind in the cool spring air,” said Sturm.
Highlights from Firebirds’ 13 new seasonal cocktails, handcrafted in harmony with the season, include:
- Ginger Basil Mango Mojito with Cruzan mango rum, Domaine de Canton ginger liqueur, fresh squeezed lime juice, fresh mint, basil and orange slices
- Siesta Sangria with your choice of Red Guitar Tempranillo or Caposaldo Moscato, Cruzan Rum and fresh fruit
- Wildberry Mule with Reyka Vodka, wild ginger berry elixir, juiced lime and Owen’s ginger beer
In addition to Spring Features, Firebirds continues to evolve its Kids Menu to align with Firebirds’ conscious values, which spell “I TEACH.” This season’s Kids Menu is filled with new activities that teach kids to be the business leaders of tomorrow using Integrity, Trust, Empathy, Accountability, Caring and Humility.
About Firebirds Wood Fired Grill
Firebirds Wood Fired Grill, a contemporary-polished restaurant, is an energetic twist on the traditional grill featuring a boldly flavored, classic American menu in an inviting, fire-centric atmosphere. Signature menu items include hand-cut, aged steaks and fresh seafood hand-fileted in-house and seared over locally sourced hickory, oak or pecan wood in Firebirds’ scratch kitchen and exposed wood-fired grill. The open, stylish, enticing décor incorporates wood-fired themes and entertaining spaces, such as the outdoor patio with seasonal comforts and the award-winning FIREBAR®. Popular specialties include Wine Down Mondays, happy hour, artisan cocktails, craft beer, bourbon, after dinner drinks and Firebirds’ private label wine. In keeping with its mission, “To Serve, Enrich and Exceed,” Firebirds supports ever-growing sustainability efforts throughout its restaurants and partners with Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation, with more than $1 million raised for childhood cancer research through the sale of fresh-squeezed lemonade. Visit firebirdsrestaurants.com to become a member of Firebirds’ Inner Circle, make an OpenTable reservation or order ToGo online.