Charlotte, N.C. (March 20, 2019) – Firebirds Wood Fired Grill, known for its bold flavors and classic American cuisine, brings fresh seasonal ingredients and smoky, grilled dishes to its new Spring Features menu, which includes Crispy Flounder Filet, Southwest Steak Salad, Wood Grilled Striped Bass and the Impossible™ Burger. Additionally, Firebirds has added refreshing seasonal cocktails to its FIREBAR® menu and refreshed its popular Kids Menu.
“These scratch-prepared menu items are perfect for spring,” said Firebirds Executive Chef Steve Sturm. “They put a creative twist on our favorite dishes by adding fresh, seasonal ingredients to create a delicious dining experience for all.”
Available from March 20 – April 30, the Spring Features menu includes:
- Impossible™ Burger Delicious patty made from plants that tastes like beef, topped with Tillamook cheddar, vine-ripened tomato, pickles; served on a brioche bun with choice of side
- Crispy Flounder Filet Sandwich With lettuce, vine-ripened tomato, pickles and our
house charred lemon tartar sauce; choice of side
- Southwest Steak Salad Grilled marinated steak served over a salad of mixed greens, charred corn salsa, peppers, onions, crispy tortilla and avocado, tossed in housemade salsa verde vinaigrette
- Chef Steve’s Steak Sandwich Grilled sliced steak with Sam Adams beer cheese, crispy onions and housemade spicy pepper relish on toasted focaccia bread, choice of side
- Wood Grilled Striped Bass Sustainably sourced, topped with our own charred corn salsa and served with a cool Mediterranean grains salad of cucumber, roasted peppers, tomatoes, feta cheese and lemon vinaigrette
- Steak & Shrimp Wood-grilled flat-iron steak topped with seared shrimp and creamy lemon-garlic sauce, served with choice of side
- Southwest Marinated Grilled Steak With scratch salsa verde, housemade pico de gallo, freshly sautéed asparagus and rice with smoked tomato and Southwest spice; topped with Cojita cheese
Lunch and Dinner
- Buffalo Shrimp Flash-fried jumbo shrimp tossed with house-made buffalo hot sauce, served over chunky bleu cheese dressing
- Ooey Gooey Butter Cake served with vanilla ice cream and fresh berries
“We are also happy to introduce our spring and summer cocktails that incorporate seasonal ingredients, perfect for when our guests want to relax and unwind,” said Sturm.
Firebirds’ hand-crafted seasonal cocktails such as the Berry White, Line In The Sand, Liquid Sunshine and The Icebreaker, a fresh take on the signature Double Black Diamond® martini mixed with strawberry, sharing a glass with a lemon popsicle, are available through the summer. Firebirds is also offering the only authorized wines of the most-watched and most-awarded HBO® series of all time, Game of Thrones, for a limited time:
- Game of Thrones Chardonnay: A rich palate of peaches, apricots, tangerine, Meyer lemon, baking spices and honey
- Game of Thrones Pinot Noir: Fruit-focused with subtle tones of earthiness, vanilla, spice and toasted oak in the background
In addition to Spring Features, Firebirds has also updated its well-regarded Kids Menu. This menu is inspired by the adult menu, with healthy new entrees such as the kids Wood Grilled Salmon, perfect for any young guest.
About Firebirds Wood Fired Grill
Firebirds Wood Fired Grill, a contemporary-polished restaurant, is an energetic twist on the traditional grill featuring a boldly flavored, classic American menu in an inviting, fire-centric atmosphere. Signature menu items include hand-cut, aged steaks and fresh seafood hand-fileted in-house and seared over locally sourced hickory, oak or pecan wood in Firebirds’ scratch kitchen and exposed wood-fired grill. The open, stylish, enticing décor incorporates wood-fired themes and entertaining spaces, such as the outdoor patio with seasonal comforts and the award-winning FIREBAR®. Popular specialties include Wine Down Mondays, happy hour, artisan cocktails, craft beer, bourbon, after dinner drinks and Firebirds’ private label wine. In keeping with its mission, “To Serve, Enrich and Exceed,” Firebirds supports ever-growing sustainability efforts throughout its restaurants and partners with Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation, with more than $1.4 million raised for childhood cancer research through the sale of fresh-squeezed lemonade. Visit firebirdsrestaurants.com to become a member of Firebirds’ Inner Circle, make an OpenTable reservation or order ToGo online.